WE ARE HIRING!!!
VACANCY: ADMIN AND COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT.
AMKENI a CBO implementing key Population intervention in Malindi, Kilifi county, through financial support from Uhai Eashri Grant is hereby looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Job title: Admin & Communication Officer
Reporting to: Director
Job Location: Malindi
Application deadline:15th Jan 2020
Starting date: Immediately
Duration of initial contract:1 year initially(extendable)
1. Background/Job summary
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Executive Director and direct supervision of the Accountant, the Admin and Communication Assistant is responsible for managing the communication and public relations strategies, activities and efforts for Amkeni Malindi’s, raise awareness and increase visibility of the organization with key stakeholders and the general public, ensuring dissemination of appropriate messages to relevant audiences (both internally and externally) through effective channels, and promote documentation of the organization’s program work as well as information sharing and learning.
The Admin & Comms officer will be responsible for supporting the programmes staff and managing Amkeni Malindi’s front desk, ensuring efficient day-to-day operation of our office. The Administration and Communications Officer is also responsible for external communications such as Amkeni Malindi’s social media platforms.
- Answering the phones and scheduling appointments
- Ordering office stationery supplies
- Overseeing office upkeep and maintenance of AMKENI MALINDI office
- Designing, coordinating and facilitating branding and marketing materials for Amkeni Malindi. Liaise with graphic designers and other providers for the design and printing of materials such as advocacy tools, reports, proposals, research papers and fundraising applications.
- Proper filing and managing of office document
- Managing organizational diaries
- Drafting case studies and relevant project documents and suggest recommendations on varied issues (as required)
- Maintaining documentation management systems, in coordination with departmental supervisors, in both soft and hard copy
- Setup and manage organization’s online platforms – social media and website.
- Gather data and monitor traffic to AMKENI MALINDI’s websites to help improve AMKENI MALINDI’s online presence.
- Managing AMKENI MALINDI website and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Review and update content, images and layout of AMKENI MALINDI’s websites to ensure they continually evolve with our work.
- Maintaining and responding to official AMKENI MALINDI communications such as email and Facebook messages
- Managing activities and events held at AMKENI MALINDI offices
- Develop and implement communications strategy to ensure effective engagement and outreach with AMKENI MALINDI members and allies.
- Handle organization’s communication needs.
- Generate, edit, publish and share organization’s content – articles, images, videos, press release.
- Assist in conducting awareness raising campaigns and information dissemination. both online and offline, organizing events/meeting.
- Taking photographs and recording audio and video content during meetings and events.
- Increase organization’s online visibility.
- Prepare quarterly newsletter.
- Proof-reading, editing and formatting organization’s communication materials and reports.
- Build and sustain relationship with members and stakeholders.
- Handle membership requests.
- Engage with AMKENI MALINDI members online by responding to questions and requests on our social media channels.
- Collect content from member organizations to promote their work across the network.
- Perform other assigned duties.
2.Knowledge, skills, and abilities
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the -job training).
(a)Levels of Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences preferably in Business Administration, Public Relations or related field.
(b)Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Commitment and passion for human rights and SOGIE issues in Kenya.
- At least 2 years of engagement with SOGIE community.
- Self-motivated and can work well independently with little or no supervision as well as function as a team member.
- Knowledge and experience with MS office applications, google applications, social media applications, graphic editing tools and website tools.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines while maintaining consistent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural experience working with people from diverse backgrounds. In-depth understanding of databases;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Strong training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Interested applicants who meet the above qualification should send an application and CV, information on current salary, copies of their credential and contact details of three referees to: The Human Resource Manager, AMKENI MALINDI, Silver Sands Road, Malindi .PO BOX 5438-80200,by email application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th Jan 2020.
The successful candidate will be required to start work immediately.
AMKENI MALINDI is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from sexual and gender minority community are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with strictest confidence.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Our organization does not accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.