Dos & Dont’s when you Get Arrested.
* Do be polite and as courteous as possible to the police.
* Do ask for the police officer name and badge number, or read it off of his or her badge. Try to remember it.
* Do place your hands where the police can see them.
* Do , if you are taken into custody, demand the right to have an attorney present before speaking to the police
* Do ask if you are under arrest. If you are , you have the right to be told WHY.
* Do remember that you do not need to answer ANY question that the police ask of you. If you answer a question which at first seems harmless, be aware that it my came back to haunt you later.
* Don’t offer information to the police, ko matter what tactics they use.
* Don’t get into an argument with the police, no matter how hard they may try to bait you into losing your temper.
* Don’t initiate physical contact with the police, even if you mean them no harm.
* Don’t run away from a police officer if you see one (or more) approaching you.
* Don’t resist arrest even if you think you are innocent, the time to protest comes later, if you resist arrest, you may face additional changes.