AMKENI MALINDI VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
AMKENI a CBO implementing Key Population interventions in Malindi, Kilifi County, through financial support from Kenya Red Cross Society under the Global Fund grant is hereby looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
|Position Title: Social worker
Reporting to: Program Manager
Job Location: Malindi
Position advertised : 1
Psychosocial counselor / Social Worker Job Description
Job Purpose / Objective:
The Psychosocial counselor/ social worker will support the successful implementation of all psychosocial activities within the key population program, and will be responsible for the provision of quality case management including direct counseling to KPs as per their needs.
In collaboration with the clinical staff. He/she will support sensitization of the outreach workers and peer educators in response to GBV and GBV case management.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Establish therapeutic rapport with key population with a view to offer individualized and group counseling within the DIC and during outreach activities.
- Sensitize, problem solve, dialogue and mediate with the key population about issues of trauma, GBV and any other related psychosocial issues
- In collaboration with the other healthcare providers in the DIC, the psychosocial counselor will implement KP EBIs e.g. Respect KP, SHIELD and any other nationally approved EBI.
- Establishes course of action by exploring options; setting goals and following up with KPs on safe sexual or injection practices.
- Supports service completion for the KPs by referring him/her to other community resources, arranging for appointments, and establishing rapport with other agencies.
- Strengthen the existing referral systems with other stakeholders.
- Interpret client’s attitudes and patterns of behavior; explaining and pointing out new/ available options.
- Maintains record of case by documenting client’s situation and client’s own actions.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; participating in quality reviews; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains client confidence and protects ethical considerations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Develop and share service delivery reports, lessons learnt and best practices on monthly basis.
- Assist with any other related activities as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Psychosocial counseling/, sociology or related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in key population counseling
- Extensive experience providing psychotherapy to individuals and groups.
- Understanding of and experience implementing culturally appropriate interventions, including individual, group and community-based approaches for key population.
- Experience with gender-based violence highly desirable.
- Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary/multi-disciplinary team desirable
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and needs.
- A team player.
- Working knowledge of English and Swahili.
- Experience in working as a counsellor or ability to be an empathic counsellor.
- Knowledge of local area and community structures desirable.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Interest in or commitment to human rights
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 30th JUNE, 2018.
The Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 5438
80200 Malindi, KENYA
The application can be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR it can be dropped at the Dice office
Applications should have a cover letter with the current and expected salary, curriculum vitae, copies of credentials and names and contacts of three referees.
Persons who identify as SOGIE are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
NB: This post attracts a salary of between Ksh 20,000- Ksh 30,000
|Job disclaimer and notification:
Our organization does not accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.